So, this was a photographer that Slade put me on to, and I absolutely love his stuff. He does a lot of work with famous people, especially bands. He spent years doing stuff with U2, and a lot of time with Depeche Mode. I have to say, I love the fact that most of these images are in black and white, or skewed colors, I think that it adds a lot to the images. He does a good job with contrasts, he often times blows out both the lights and the darks and, in my opinion, it looks really cool. His detail and textures are also excellent. My favorite images are probably the one of the black man covering his face, the War cover, and the portrait of Nicholas Cage.
This U2's The Unforgettable Fire cover. I really like this picture.
War, also by U2. I love this picture too, those eyes get to me.
I thought that this picture was cool, with the darkness, and yet still cool light.
This a picture of the band Depeche Mode. I like the blue, and how the focus is on the people in the back, rather then the one in the front.
This is a portrait of the actor Nicholas Cage.
I like this picture, I like the contrast of the skin colors. It makes the photograph interesting.
This is the amazing athlete, Lance Armstrong. Anton Corbijn spent a day with Lance, strolling around the town. Corbijn wanted a different picture of Lance Armstrong, so he didn't take a singe one of him on a bike. I thought that that was really interesting and original.
This is a portrait of actress, Cameron Diaz, and actor, Ewan McGregor. (Obi Wan Kenobi, for those that don't know him.) I like this picture, not only for that interesting blue color, but also for the detail in her coat, and the taxi ceiling, and the wall outside the window. I also like how only a part of Ewan McGregor's face is showing.
This is one of the most famous album covers ever, and it belongs to one of the best albums ever. This is Joshua Tree, by U2, once again. I like how the band members are off center and slightly blurry. This shot was a panorama, if you couldn't already tell.
I love this picture, I love the whiteness of the eyes and finger nails, and how they contrast with the black skin. I also love how the light shows detail and other colors on the skin.
This is a shot that Anton Corbijn did for the band Pearl Jam. I like it. It's a cool silhouette. I also like the light on the rocks.
This U2's The Unforgettable Fire cover. I really like this picture.
War, also by U2. I love this picture too, those eyes get to me.
I thought that this picture was cool, with the darkness, and yet still cool light.
This a picture of the band Depeche Mode. I like the blue, and how the focus is on the people in the back, rather then the one in the front.
This is a portrait of the actor Nicholas Cage.
I like this picture, I like the contrast of the skin colors. It makes the photograph interesting.
This is the amazing athlete, Lance Armstrong. Anton Corbijn spent a day with Lance, strolling around the town. Corbijn wanted a different picture of Lance Armstrong, so he didn't take a singe one of him on a bike. I thought that that was really interesting and original.
This is a portrait of actress, Cameron Diaz, and actor, Ewan McGregor. (Obi Wan Kenobi, for those that don't know him.) I like this picture, not only for that interesting blue color, but also for the detail in her coat, and the taxi ceiling, and the wall outside the window. I also like how only a part of Ewan McGregor's face is showing.
This is one of the most famous album covers ever, and it belongs to one of the best albums ever. This is Joshua Tree, by U2, once again. I like how the band members are off center and slightly blurry. This shot was a panorama, if you couldn't already tell.
I love this picture, I love the whiteness of the eyes and finger nails, and how they contrast with the black skin. I also love how the light shows detail and other colors on the skin.
This is a shot that Anton Corbijn did for the band Pearl Jam. I like it. It's a cool silhouette. I also like the light on the rocks.



1 comment:
That was rather verbose.
Post a Comment